Ethical Trading & Organic
The Fairtrade label is the best known ethical label worldwide and is recognised by almost 6 in 10 consumers. Over 30,000 products carry the Fairtrade label in more than 125 countries.
- By working with Fairtrade, organisations help support the sugar supply chain via initialises such as long term contacts.
- Farmers are guaranteed a minimum price for their sugar, and also earn a bonus which they can spend cooperatively. This creates sustainability in the supply chain.
- Farmers can work together in cooperatives, which are Fairtrade-certified according to a cane sugar standard.
- One of the key elements in the standards is children welfare and ensuring that children receive a good education.
- Environmental protection, which aims to ensure maximum yield without damaging the land.
For more information on any of the above products, or to request the 2016 Nutshell Portfolio, please provide your details.