Ethical Trading & Organic
The Fairtrade label is the best known ethical label worldwide and is recognised by almost 6 in 10 consumers. Over 30,000 products carry the Fairtrade label in more than 125 countries.
- By working with Fairtrade, organisations help support the sugar supply chain via initialises such as long term contacts.
- Farmers are guaranteed a minimum price for their sugar, and also earn a bonus which they can spend cooperatively. This creates sustainability in the supply chain.
- Farmers can work together in cooperatives, which are Fairtrade-certified according to a cane sugar standard.
- One of the key elements in the standards is children welfare and ensuring that children receive a good education.
- Environmental protection, which aims to ensure maximum yield without damaging the land.
The Ridgways Tea Range also includes a variety of Fairtrade Teas. View them here.
For more information on any of the above products, or to request the Nutshell Portfolio, please provide your details.